- Release version: Beta 2.4.1
- Environment: Windows 10 64-bit
- Compatible Unity version: 5.6.0f3
- Firmware version: 1.41
- Meta Workspace version: 1.5
SDK Component Release Notes
Please see the following links for release notes relating to specific SDK components:
- Improved Halo behavior in Workspace.
- Performance optimization in Workspace.
- Improved messaging that appears when the headset is re-localizing.
- Added a video tutorial to the Meta Home page that shows how to initialize the system and use hands in the Workspace.
- Hand interaction is more reliable when hands are brought very close to each other.
- A handful of issues can cause the display to temporarily turn off. To recover, you can either reboot your computer, or open the Device Manager, locate your graphics card under Display Adapters, disable it, and re-enable it.
- Switching from Extended Mode to Direct Mode while an application is running causes the headset display to go dark.
- When running in Direct Mode, the system might stop rendering to the headset after an application crash.
- Direct mode is not yet supported on AMD graphics cards or integrated graphics architectures.
- The headset is set to stereo by default. Users need to manually set the headset to quadraphonic. To manually set the headset:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray.
- Select Sounds. The Sound window opens.
- Click the Playback tab and highlight the Meta 2 from the device list.
- Click Configure. The Speaker Setup window opens.
- Select Quadraphonic.
- Click Next and Finish.
- Meta 2 Beta units might be sensitive to plug in order depending on the hardware build version. Power needs to always be plugged in first. If something goes wrong, try this:
- Reboot your computer
- Connect power cable to the power outlet.
- Connect the power plug to the headset (wait for the light on the headset’s Display Power Button).
- Connect the HDMI cable to the graphics card (GPU) on the PC.
- Connect the USB cable to a USB 3.0 port on the PC.
- Re-run Diagnostics from the Meta Utility App on the Windows Notification Area (System Tray).
- SLAM might drift occasionally after initialization. It can be re-initialized by pressing F4.
- Sometimes environment mapping cannot initialize because it cannot find enough reference points (features). When this happens, normal tracking will not start. Try adding objects closer to you in your environment and re-initializing.
- Hand interactions
- Sometimes the indicator does not show on one of the hands when trying to perform a two hand grab gesture.
- The point-to-click gesture is sometimes recognized as a hand grab interaction.
- The hand mesh may appear irregular or offset relative to user’s hands.
- Some hand rotation positions (e.g. sideways) are not fully supported for grab gestures.
- Sometimes waving an open hand around an object generates false grabs.