- Release version: Beta 2.2.0
- Environment: Windows 10 64-bit
- Compatible Unity version: 5.6
- Firmware version: 1.41
- Meta Workspace version: 1.3
SDK Component Release Notes
Please see the following links for release notes relating to specific SDK components:
- Added automatic Software Update Notifications when new updates are available.
- New Meta Home to access Meta’s highlighted applications.
- New Meta Tutorial guides users through environment mapping and hand interactions (preview).
- Added functionality to re-initialize environment mapping by pressing F4.
- Firmware updater now updates all firmware.
- Fixed Eye Alignment issues related to saving texture maps, profile management, and crashes.
- Fixed “Calibration data not found” during SLAM initialization.
- OSVR SDK
- Corrected SDK Installation to not run add_sdk_to_registry.cmd if OSVR was already installed.
- Removed unneeded JSON files that were being copied to the release area.
- If you have an Environment editor program open such as Rapid Environment Editor while installing the SDK then the environment variables required by the SDK may not be set properly.
- Meta 2 Beta units are sensitive to plug in order. Power needs to always be plugged in first. If something goes wrong, try this:
- Reboot your computer
- Connect power cable to the power outlet.
- Connect the power plug to the headset (wait for the light on the headset’s Display Power Button).
- Connect the HDMI cable to the graphics card (GPU) on the PC.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB 3.0 port on the PC.
- Re-run Diagnostics from the Meta Utility App on the Windows System Tray.
- Keyboard and mouse are the initial form of interaction as we launch this initial Beta. We are including a preview of some hands interactions, but this is under development and in an early stage. Under certain circumstances the SDK can consume increasingly large amounts of memory/processing. This has improved since the last SDK version.